In this episode of the Cultivariable podcast, I answer listener questions:
- 00:52 – Why don’t you grow sweet potatoes and yams?
- 05:52 – Can you explain what a tetraploid is?
- 12:39 – How would you recommend that someone in high school become a plant breeder?
- 19:05 – What plant breeding books do you recommend?
- 21:51 – What breeding project are you most proud of?
- 25:26 – Is there a breeding project that continuously eludes you?
- 32:08 – What is your current favorite breeding project?
- 37:34 – Is it really safe to eat mashua?
- 43:47 – Why can’t you go to South America and bring back more varieties?
- 48:45 – How do you decide when to release a new variety?
- 55:06 – Why don’t you offer achira?
- 58:17 – It seems like you only breed clones. Is that because it is easier?
- 01:05:14 – How can I get my potatoes to fruit in Texas?
- 01:09:08 – How do you get seeds from the USDA NPGS?
If you would like to have your questions answered in a future episode, just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.